The Smart Energy Design Assistance program supports the Smart Energy Design Assistance Center (SEDAC) which is managed by the School of Architecture at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (UIUC).
SEDAC services include:
• free technical design assistance services for public facilities and for-profit business to identify opportunities for saving energy and money
• education and training (for both working professionals and students)
• information on incentives, grants, rebates, Illinois building energy codes, tax incentives through the 2005 Energy Policy Act, and energy rates
• a network of Energy Service Providers
• an informative website at: www.sedac.org
SMART ENERGY Fact Sheets for the following building types:
- Convenience Stores
- High-Rise Condos
- Ice Arenas
- Swimming Pools
- Water Treatment Plants
SEDAC Training and Outreach Schedule and Presentation Archives
SEDAC Energy Service Providers Network
Opportunities exist for Energy Service Providers to partner with SEDAC. Energy Service Providers include:
• Energy Consultants
• Energy Efficiency Equipment Vendors and Contractors
• Utility Providers
• Design-Build Firms
• Certified Geoexchange Designers (CGDs), Drillers, Loop designers,
• Geo installers
• Financing Companies
• National Organizations
• Private Sector Companies
SEDAC will continue to solicit and compile a list of IL Service Providers with experience in green building methods or sustainable design with an emphasis on maximizing energy efficiency. This list will serve as a valuable resource for SEDAC participants and help stimulate business opportunities for energy service professionals interested in serving the Illinois market. The list will be provided to all SEDAC participants and will be made available to other groups implementing energy efficiency programs. This list is also available at the SEDAC website at: http://360eg.org/ILSP/KeywordSearch.aspx
SEDAC Design Assistance Experts
Opportunities exist for Design Assistance Experts to partner with SEDAC. Design Assistance Experts include:
• Energy Consultants
Design Assistance Experts interested in participating in SEDAC are encouraged to respond to the RFQ for Design Assistance Experts.
A list of Pre-Qualified Design Assistance Experts will be maintained at SEDAC. Pre-Qualified SEDAC Design Assistance Experts can participate by bringing new business and public clients into the program and working with SEDAC to provide Design Assistance services.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What Clients are eligible for SEDAC Services?
• Local (county, township, municipal), State and Federal Government
• Public Schools
• Community Colleges
• Public Universities
• Public Safety, Water and Park Districts
• For-Profit Businesses
How can Public Sector Entities and Businesses apply to the SEDAC program?
Complete and submit the Application at the SEDAC Application page:
How can Energy Service Providers Participate in SEDAC?
SEDAC Energy Service Provider List and Request for Qualifications (RFQ) to become a SEDAC Energy Service Provider located at: http://smartenergy.arch.uiuc.edu/pre-qualified-service-provider.html
How can Architectural/Engineering Firms Participate in SEDAC?
To assist SEDAC with providing design assistance services please complete the SEDAC Design Assistance Expert Request for Qualifications (RFQ) located at:
SEDAC information can be found at:
• Small Business Assistance
For more information, please contact: