Percentage of Income Payment Plan - Available to Customers of Ameren Illinois, ComEd, Nicor Gas or Peoples Gas/North Shore GasLIHEAP clients with the listed utility providers have the option of choosing between the traditional LIHEAP Direct Vendor Payment (DVP) plan or the new Percentage of Income Payment Plan (PIPP). Under this program the eligible clients will pay a percentage of their income, receive a monthly benefit towards their utility bill, and lower their overdue bills for every on-time payment they make by the bill due date.
Plan Ahead and Bring Proper Documentation
Do not forget to bring all required documentation at that time including:
- Proof of gross income from all household members for the 30-day period prior to the application date.
- A copy of current heat and electric bills issued within the last 30 days (if energy directly paid for).
- A copy of rental agreement (if renting) showing that utilities are included, the monthly rental amount and landlord contact information.
- Proof of Social Security numbers for all household members.
- Proof that household received TANF or other benefits, such as Medical Eligibility or SNAP, if receiving assistance from the Illinois Department of Human Services.
PY 2014 Application Schedule
|Beginning September 1, 2013
||Seniors, People with Disabilities|
|Beginning October 1, 2013
||Households with children age 5 years and under|
|Beginning November 1, 2013
||All other eligible households|
Am I Eligible?
If your household’s combined income for the 30 days prior to application is at or below 150% of the federal poverty level as shown in the chart below, you may be eligible to receive assistance. If you rent, and your heat and/or electric is included in the rent, your rent must be greater than 30% of your income in order to be eligible to receive assistance.
||30 Day Income
How Do I Apply?
Contact your local Community Action Agency to make an appointment to apply for LIHEAP. Locate the Community Action Agency nearest you.
Frequently Asked Questions
PY2014 LIHEAP State Plan
For additional assistance, please feel free to call the
Energy Assistance Hotline at (877) 411-9276
To report LIHEAP fraud or abuse: DCEO, Office of Energy Assistance, Attn: Fraud Unit, 500 E. Monroe, Springfield, IL 62701